The installation of new sliding doors leads to a new patio and greatly improves the flow throughout.
All this was accomplished without losing the character of the original building which sits on a lovely site of 3 plus acres with stately trees at the end of a cul-de-sac.
The original House was constructed circa 1860 and appeared to have an interesting history. When we measured the original building our dimensions revealed a discrepancy of about 6 feet. We discovered a full height wall concealing a secret room in the basement, also about 6 feet wide.
We believe it had become part of the underground railway because of its close proximity to the Quaker Meeting House. During subsequent years the large residence had become a rooming house. Sections had fallen into disrepair.