Call on Steve Brander Architects for:
- New Home Construction
- Home Additions & Home Renovations
- Light Commercial Construction
- Small Schools & Religious Buildings
- Add A Levels and Garages
- Historic Restoration
- Repurposing of Existing Structures
Steve Brander is a registered architect in the States of New York and New Jersey; member of The American Institute of Architects, member N.Y. State Building Officials Conference and International Conference of Code Officials.
Mr. Brander studied architecture at the New York Institute of Technology with additional independent course study at the Institute of Design and Construction and Pratt Institute.
Intern development consisted of apprenticing with various architectural firms such as Marcel Breuer and Partners, Paul Rudolph Architect, Victor Gruen Associates, among others. He also gained structural experience in steel framing and reinforced concrete working for consulting engineers.
During this period Mr. Brander gained experience necessary in the design process that is common to many building types from shopping centers to high-rise office towers, hospitals, and pharmaceutical facilities.
This provided Mr. Brander with the experience to be a senior project architect for a global pharmaceutical company. While working in project management, Steve gained the necessary tools to initiate, develop, plan, evaluate and execute multiple projects. He also learned to prepare drawings, estimates, bid packages, manage construction schedules, track costs, ensure code compliance and regulatory standards.
Institute of Design & Construction
Studied Architectural Exam License Review
• Earthquake Design Review
• Long Span Structures
• Site Design
• Building Construction Design
Continuing Education, Ongoing
• Architectural registration review (Long Span Structures)
• Site Planning, Green Bldg. Design (Building Construction Systems)
• Windows in Sustainable Residential Design (HSW,SD 5.14.13)
• Sustainable Design/Build (UMass. #H13003)
• Feasibility of Solar Electric (#1.0 PDH S.U.N.Y.)
• Accessibility Guidelines in R-2 (#49-5569)
• Federal Accessibility Requirements (#49-6080)
• Thermoplastic Waterproofing Membranes (#Plaza 101, J399)
• Residential Framing for Green Building (Course #BLS900)
• N.Y. State Code Enforcement Ed. Program (#NY0005491)
Our current emphasis is on energy-efficient residential design, vacation homes, light commercial, religious buildings, historic restoration, small schools, and repurposing of existing buildings.
We provide all architectural styles including contemporary, colonial, craftsman and mid-20th century modern. We have extensive knowledge of all building types, engineering and construction standards.
We are located in Central Valley, New York, and serve the Hudson Valley of New York and Northern New Jersey.
We also provide professional services in other areas, based on individual client project requests and appropriate need.
All consultations are by appointment. We can be contacted by email or telephone, 845-928-2228.
We generally meet at the owners site, building or residence.
An initial telephone conversation is the most helpful way in determining how we can assist you with professional services. Call: 845-928-2228.
NY License: #021850
NY Certificate: #893525
NJ License & Certification: #21A101367300